Iren, a multi-utility Italian company operating in the sectors of electricity (production, distribution and sale), thermal energy for district heating (production and sale), gas (distribution and sale) and water, has partnered with HeadApp with the main purposes of testing smart wearable solutions within the fields of hydroelectric and thermoelectric power productions.
The main goals of the initiative are:
- To evaluate all the benefits coming from the application of wearable solutions for Augmented and Virtual Realities in the daily maintenance activities
- To verify the improvements provided by the HeadApp technology platform both in terms of HSE and productivity
The new project will focus and test three of HeadApp solutions including:
– Eye4Task: a smart glasses solution dedicated to the remote support of maintenance workers through a collaborative platform allowing real time video, audio and file sharing. The same solution will be tested in order to verify its ability to allow operative teams to automatically tag and identify assets
– Eye4Safety: this HeadApp solution allows for real time and continuous control of the use of individual protecting devices (IPDs) by operators throughout their working day. Active sensors are installed in IPDs and real-time information are delivered to a support room in order to early detect danger situations or conditions
– Eye4Training: this is HeadApp Virtual Reality solution dedicated to the training for highly complex activities in mission-critical conditions